Are you an energetic, change-maker, who loves clowns? Are you looking for part-time, flexible work as part of a remote team? Are you a social-media savvy story-teller who wants to help take CWB to the next level?
We are looking for someone to join our team as the Communications Officer. This person supports the Program Director and Development Director by managing day-to-day function of CWB-USA communication.
- Communicating online via social media, the CWB website, blogs, volunteer and email newsletters.
- Proactively creating on-brand content, copy, and graphics in collaboration with staff and artists for different campaigns.
- Fielding communication inquiries and provide media for press inquiries.
- Executing the current marketing strategy and adapt it when necessary.
- Supporting CWB fundraising events.
This is a remote position, based in the Eastern Time Zone. Job hours are flexible, and the position generally requires 17 hours a week. CWB strives to foster a spirit of joy and respect in the workplace, and are looking for someone who brings professionalism, an open-mind, and flexibility.
We have listed some skills and attributes we seek below. However, we believe in working with people, not skillsets. Even if you do not meet every single criteria but believe you could add value to our team and are open to learning, we want to hear from you.
- Proficiency in WordPress.
- Ability to develop, implement, assess a communication/marketing strategy and adjust goals as needed.
- Experience writing press releases and pitches to media outlets/reporters.
- Strong knowledge of how to operate and manage social media posts/tweets/grams for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Editorial skills and ability to write clear, concise, and accurate messaging that is on-brand. Ability to create communications and marketing strategy to support the organization’s fundraising and programmatic goals.
- Email marketing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Interest in storytelling.
- Residence in Eastern Time Zone
- Committed to bringing laughter to children and communities around the world.
- Interested in working in an organization that focuses on supporting communities impacted by war, natural disasters, or disease as well as marginalized populations.
- Independent worker who is well suited to working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with or the desire to work with an artistic community.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely
- NYC metro area resident preferred
- As CWB occasionally provides opportunities for staff members to volunteer as logistical support on projects in the field, we value staff with previous travel experience.
- Graphics creating and editing software knowledge (PhotoShop, Canva, or Easely.com).
- Experience using Hootsuite or equivalent platform.
- Familiarity with CRM (preferably CiviCRM).
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Use of editorial calendar.
To apply, please provide the following to email@example.com
- Letter of Motivation describing why you want to work for CWB-USA.
- Writing Sample (link to blog post, article excerpt, or press release).
You may also submit
- Example of graphics you have created
- Example of marketing campaign (newsletters, social media postings, accompanying copy)
A more detailed job listing can be found at idealist.org.
We look forward to growing our team and increasing our organizational capacity.