Know Nonsense is our new program of DIY Clown Activities. CWB can’t come to you, but we still want to clown with you.
Clowns live in a world that celebrates everything it is to be human, where anything is possible, and where play, discovery and connection are the only currency. Clowns Without Borders brings the clowns from this land of possibility and imagination and into the places that need clowns most.
With the current health crisis, clowns are unable to visit, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t visit the land of the clowns yourself! It’s easy to travel there.
All you need is your imagination and a willingness to play. Through games, activities, and projects CWB’s Know Nonsense! Program aims to provide you with the same joy and lightness you would feel if clowns had visited, without the visit.
- Get with a partner and sit cross-legged on the floor with your knees touching.
- Each of you, look down at your lap and close your eyes. Think of a big, silly face you want to make. The biggest and silliest face you can possibly make. (The only rule is that you can’t close your eyes because you need to be able to see the other person.)
- On the count of three, both pop your heads up and make your big, silly face. Hold it until one person laughs.
- Do it all again. See how many times you can make your partner laugh. See how many times your partner makes you laugh. Both are fun!
- Don’t have anyone at home you can partner with? Try getting on a video chat with someone and play virtually. This is a great way to have fun and connect with someone who you can’t visit in person.
- Or, sit in front of a mirror and see if you can make yourself laugh. Surprising yourself and making yourself laugh is super fun!
- Once you have mastered this version of the game, try thinking of two different faces. After you look up and show your first face, try to slowly, slowly, SLOOOOOOWLY shift from one funny face to the next. See if you can make it all the way to the second face before your partner (or you) bursts out laughing.