Volunteers RULE! We send groups of highly skilled professional clown/circus/physical theater performers to entertain and to teach in challenging settings within and without our borders!
Overseas volunteer conditions: We do not pay our volunteers. CWB covers volunteers’ airfare, food, lodging, and other trip expenses. We expect participants to help raise money toward their trip expenses. Clowns Without Borders trips are not vacations: you will be performing and teaching a lot, probably in severe conditions. Most of our projects are international and last around two weeks, but we also have ongoing domestic projects.
Most CWB performers have a high level of professional skill and experience in clowning, physical theatre, and circus. Some projects are principally performing, some are principally teaching, and some are both.
Clowns Without Borders USA is part of CWB International, an international federation of sister organizations in 15 countries, which all have separate programs and websites. You do not have to be from the United States to work with CWB-USA, but you might check to see if your country has a chapter if you’re not in the USA.
Clowns Without Borders works with people who:
- are professional performers who can entertain large (and small) audiences
without language or cultural reference
- have professional teaching experience in clown and physical theater
- are enthusiastic about performing and teaching for kids and adults in crisis
- can collaborate with other performers to quickly create material
- who have desired skills such as: music, circus skills, juggling, magic, etc.,
that will enhance the show (Aerial work is not possible on most CWB
projects but we have sent projects with rigging a few times.)
- are willing to help fundraise for Clowns Without Borders
- are experienced travelers, adaptable, physically fit, emotionally stable, and
have strong team work capacities.
If you meet most of the requirements listed above, we welcome you
to fill out the form below.
Can I volunteer if I am not a performer? Yes! Head over here.
And of course, supporting us by becoming a member is always a fantastic way
to help out! Join us and donate!
Thanks for your interest!
We need concise details about your professional-level skills and experience in performing and teaching to evaluate you as a potential volunteer.
It is extremely helpful to us if you include:
- a video link and a website link
- two professional references for your performing and teaching
abilities and include their contact information. (it’s especially helpful to
list someone who has volunteered with Clowns Without Borders)
Please fill out the form in English or Spanish.