Clowns Without Borders exists thanks to the incredible performers who donate their time while on tour with us. If you are new to clowning, we recommend honing your skills before applying.
Overseas conditions: CWB covers artists’ airfare, food, lodging, and other trip expenses. You will be performing and teaching a lot, probably in severe conditions.
Clowns Without Borders USA is part of CWB International, an international federation of sister organizations in 15 countries, which all have separate programs and websites. You do not have to be from the United States to work with CWB-USA, but you might check to see if your country has a chapter if you’re not in the USA.
Clowns Without Borders works with people who:
- Are professional clowns or circus performer who can entertain large (and small) audiences
without language or cultural reference
- Can collaborate with other performers to quickly create material, and maintain a schedule of 2-3 performances a day
- Are experienced travelers, adaptable, physically fit, emotionally stable, and have strong team work capacities
- Express cultural humility in new and challenging circumstances
If you meet all of the requirements listed above, we welcome you to fill out the form below.
Some projects require special skills. Please let us know if you have:
- Professional teaching experience in clown, physical theater, or circus skills
- Play a (portable) instrument
- Speak a foreign language
Can I volunteer if I am not a performer? If you have other professional skills you’d like to share, please go here.
Thanks for your interest!
We need concise details about your professional-level skills and experience in performing and teaching to evaluate you as a potential volunteer.
- A video link and a website link
- 2 professional references for your performing and teaching
abilities and include their contact information. (it’s especially helpful to
list someone who has volunteered with Clowns Without Borders)
Please fill out the form in English or Spanish.