Clowns Without Borders is thrilled to announce a job opening for a new position. The Outreach and Communications Coordinator will craft the public voice of CWB. We are looking forward to meet candidates who can advance our advocacy work and online storytelling.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position
Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Clowns Without Borders is hiring an Outreach and Communications Coordinator for part time work(15-20 hour a week). This is a remote position with flexible hours.
This person will be responsible for the online voice of Clowns Without Borders (CWB) across all platforms. They will drive content creation about CWB’s programming and displacement (blog posts, newsletters, and social media posts). This includes developing media for the organization’s fundraising campaigns. They will also maintain, respond to, and create press contacts to connect CWB’s work to external media opportunities.
As CWB works to expand its domestic programming, the outreach and communications coordinator will be asked to research and reach out to refugee-serving organizations in the United States.
This job relies heavily on written communication, and also requires the coordinator to participate in conversations and interviews with artists. CWB is expanding its communications strategy to include more video, audio and visual storytelling.
*This job does not require or include international travel.
- Write and copy edit program descriptions
- Develop all social media content.
- Write blogs based on artist-interviews, program feedback, and current events.
- Manage Website administration.
- Write, format, and manage strategy and content for the newsletter.
- Reach out to and manage media contacts and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain and archive of CWB press.
- Research potential partnerships with mission-aligned organizations in the United States.
- Passionate and committed to the arts and serving immigrant and refugee populations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent engagement and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and adhere to project and task timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Copy-writing and editing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various internal and external communication platforms including: Constant Contact, Instagram, Youtube, WordPress, Facebook, and Twitter
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
The Exceptional Candidate
- Savvy with SEO and Google Analytics
- Design experience
- Experience with audio or visual storytelling
- Spanish and/or Arabic language proficiency
Salary and Benefits
- $25 an hour, 15 – 20 hours a week.*
- Monthly healthcare stipend
- Paid vacation
- Flexible, remote working hours
- *While this is a remote position, 75% of the working hours must overlap with the Executive Director’s hours (M-F,9-5 Mountain Time).
CWB-USA values collaboration, cultural humility, and respect. This applies to all ways that we work as performing teams, organizers and performers.
CWB welcomes applicants with lived experience of displacement and migration.
CWB does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT Line : Communications Coordinator
- Cover Letter indicating your interest in CWB.
- Resume or CV
- 2 Work Samples (at least one written)
- The names and contact information for two professional references.